The scream of a little baby is in the air, you are walking around the park, grocery store, or Disneyland and you see it. A mom feeding her child in public. Oh the horror! Who would ever think of this being such a bad thing? Well, apparently it is when it comes to breastfeeding.
Breastfeeding in public is one of those topics that people don’t like to talk about, they are super patient about, or don’t care either way. Why do people get so heated when a mother is feeding her child in public with her breast—that’s what they’re there for, right?
As a guy, I guess I get it. We see a boob pop out and suddenly we are all excited. But really, you get excited over a woman feeding her child with her breast? Are we not seeing a weird problem here? Control yourself gentlemen!
Beside being FREE there are so many great benefits to breastfeeding:
- Breast milk provides the ideal nutrition for infants
- It has a nearly perfect mix of vitamins, protein, and fat
- Provided in a form more easily digested than infant formula
- Contains antibodies that help your baby fight off viruses and bacteria
- Lowers your baby’s risk of having asthema or allergies
- Babies who are breastfed exclusively for the first six months, without any formual, have fewer ear infections, respiratory illnesses, and bouts of diarrhea
- Linked to higher IQ scores in later childhood
Do you get it? The benefits of breastfeeding completely outweigh reasons for not doing it in public. The great thing is, covering up (if you feel like that’s needed) there are great options.
Two of our favorite breastfeeding products, when out in public, are Covered Goods and Solly Baby Swaddles.
The Covered Goods cover is great because it gives complete coverage. With 360 coverage, you know that you are covered all around. You don’t feel restricted and your child gets used to it pretty quick. The fabric is soft, breathable, and has great stretch to it. This is ideal for breastfeeding—so get yourself one.
Swaddles are great because you tend to always have one with you and Solly Baby swaddles are larger than life. They give great coverage and as breathable as the wraps are. When my wife uses the Solly swaddle it’s great for giving a lot of coverage.
At the end of the day, I would rather the ladies pull out their boob to feed their child in public than to feel like they need to go in a bathroom stall to feed them. You wouldn’t eat in there, so don’t make their child do it.