When fall comes around I love nothing more than to bundle up in some blankets, turn on a movie, and eat a nice warm bowl of hearty chili. Is that weird? I really love eating a good hearty chili, but what I love even more is making it.
No matter what is going on, football games, movie night, or it’s just a wednesday, you really can’t go wrong with chili. The heartiness of it makes me think of nothing else but fall.
Of course, when I want something I get it. So I pulled out one of our cook books, found a recipe that sounded delicious, and whiped up a crock pot full of hearty chili.
If you’re looking for a perfect tailgate meal, dinner for your family, or the perfect topper to your nachos at your Friday night movie night. Then look no further than this amazing perfect hearty chili recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 pound ground sausage, browned and drained
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle-flavored tabasco sauce , or more to taste
- salt, brown sugar and water, as desired
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 8 to 12 hours. Adjust seasoning sweetness and thickness as desired with salt, brown sugar and water.