Whenever we get invited to someones house for dinner I always feel like I need to bring something that I have never made before. That way others have to try my latest concoction that I have never made, but 90% of the time it turns out to be a complete hit.
These Oreo cheesecake brownies would be the perfect example. I am not a big cheesecake fan, but I do love a good brownie and who doesn’t love Oreos right? I always have my go to blog for food, The Recipe Critic.
She is a friend of mine and tells me all the time to try new things. I had to take her up on it when searching her blog for some tasty treats. Personally I just love to cut a piece of dessert out, take a few bites and be good. But you put these Oreo cheesecake brownies in front of me and you’ll be lucky if you can even get one for yourself.
If you have a family gathering, night with friends or just a Tuesday night watching Jimmy Fallon then these are the perfect treat for you. Try them out tonight and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ⅓ cups coarsely chopped Oreo cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in sugar and boil for about a minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a mixer, beat together cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and vanilla for about one minute. In a medium sized bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and whisk until combined. Whisk in butter and sugar mixture. Next add the flour mixture until combined. Fold in the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Spread half of the brownie mixture in the 8 inch pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top. Drop remaining batter on top of the cheesecake by spoonfuls. Swirl cheesecake with a knife.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes until set and toothpick inserted in center is clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.