I have been known to take down my fair share of wings. One time, I was challenged to eat as many wings as I could. Sixty-seven wings later and I thought I was going to pop. So when I go on Pinterest and find a simple slow cooker honey garlic glazed wings recipe by The Recipe Critic I have to make it.
I don’t know what it is about wings that makes me love them so much. The sauce, the simplicity of not having to worry about using any utensils and the fact that it’s small and easy to eat make me truly love them.
With football season starting I had to make these for dinner to get us ready for all the fun football games that we are going to be attending this season. My son absolutely loves sports, but football is probably his absolute all time favorite. He will throw the ball right to me and loves to act like he’s playing one of the many position that I know nothing about.
I am excited for all the games that we will go to together though. I do love watching a good game of football and I am excited to hear him cheering for our favorite teams: University of Utah and Olympus High School. Here’s to another fun season of watching football around a large plate of delicious honey garlic glazed wings.
- 3 pounds chicken wings, halved
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, minced garlic, ginger, and vegetable oil. Pour over the chicken wings.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Since the slow cooker adds moisture, this may thin the sauce. Pour sauce into a saucepan when the wings are done and bring to a boil. Add in the cornstarch and continue to cook until it thickens up. Pour the sauce back into the crockpot, and toss the wings to coat.