For years, us dads have gotten a bad wrap for the way we dress our kids and do our kids hair. Is it because we don’t know what we are doing? Probably. But I feel that with a little guidance in the right direction, dads can be just as useful at getting their kids ready as moms.
Hear are some helpful hints when it comes to dressing your kids:
- Always remember opposites attract: If you are using a dark top, pair it with a light bottom (and vise versa). If you are doing a patterned bottom, do a solid top (an vise versa again). Make sense? Here are some examples.
- Simple shoes: Shoes can be a nightmare, and why? There are so many that are easy to slip on and go with everything.
- Bed head: How hard is it to run a brush or comb through your child’s hair? Not hard at all, but maybe lets go a little further and actually do their hair. A simple pony tail, messy bun (dads should have that in the bag), or really venture out and do a pony tail and braid it. Then a little pomade in a little boys hair can do wonders.
- Too lazy for hair styling: You can throw a beanie or knotted headband on your kids head. It doesn’t get any easier. Not only does it make them look cuter, but they’re trendy.
Headband & Beanie: Little Hip Squeak
- If you wouldn’t wear it, why should they: Before sending your kid out the door, think to yourself, “Would I be caught dead in that?” If you wouldn’t wear it, why should your kids? Kids fashion today is a spin off on what we, as adults, are wearing today.
There you have it dad. Five easy ways for you to help get your kids ready in the morning. Believe me, you do these things and you will for sure impress your wife.