There is something about registering for a baby that just sends nerves up your spine: What do I need? There is so much, it’s so overwhelming! Well, let me help you by giving you my top 15 items for everyone’s baby registry.
Have you heard of The Baby Cubby? They are an online and brick and mortar baby store that is ready to help. They are not like any other baby store though. One thing they try really hard to do is let people know they aren’t just “another baby store.” They want that to come across to parents, so whenever they engage with them, whether on their website at babycubby.com, retail store, through social media or Cubby Community Blog they feel that difference. Knowing they are there, not just to sell “stuff” but to be a resource throughout the amazing journey of parenthood.
Because of these things, I felt that I would create a list. A list of things that I feel every parent, new or old, should have on their registry. It’s an overwhelming experience, but when you work with Baby Cubby you know you are going to be in good hands.
15 Baby Registry Must Haves
Ready for my favorite 15 baby registry items? Well, let me share each one with you:
- Stroller | Baby Jogger City Select: I love this stroller for a few reasons: easy to take apart and store, if you have a growing family it can grow with you and the company has amazing customer service. If you ever have any issue with anything, they are great about helping you out. Even if you plan on only having one kid, it’s a fantastic stroller and you will be grateful in the long run.
- Car Seat | Maxi-Cosi Mico AP: This was one of the main things I looked into before our first child. This is what protects your child the most, so it’s important to get the best. They all basically have the same ratings because the US has high certifications they need to get. But also, I want this to be comfortable for my child and look clean and stylish. This car seat checked off everything I was looking for and more. Plus, installation is so simple a dad could do it.
- Portable Bed | DockATot: I have absolutely fallen in love with our DockATot I wish we had it when we had our first child. I love that it keeps your child protected if you want to lay them on your bed while doing laundry. I love that it’s easy to wash. And I especially love that it’s padded in a way keeping your child slightly propped up, great for baby’s with reflux. We love our bigger one, but I would be fine with the smaller one too. Totally worth it either way!
- Nursing Cover | Covered Goods: If you are planning on nursing, the Covered Goods nursing cover is what you are going to want with you constantly. My wife has fed my daughter on the plane, Disneyland, restaurants, you name it. I know, she should be able to feed our child anywhere and feel fine, but she just would prefer to be covered. Plus, they have so many uses it’s a win-win-win: nursing cover, shopping cart cover and infinity scarf.
- Diaper Bag | Little Unicorn: You need a diaper bag, it’s inevitable. But do you really want a bag that screams I have a baby and a lot of random crap? I think the less noticeable the better. Plus, every woman loves a new purse, these diaper bags are a classic looking style with all the function of a diaper bag.
- Bouncer | MamaRoo: You are going to be holding your child a lot. And you should be, but you will get tired and want to put them down. We have loved our MamaRoo since the beginning. It rocks, bounces, plays songs and has a phone control. Plus, clean-ability is important to me and these couldn’t be easier to wash. I promise, once you get one you’ll be glad you did.
- Tub | Puj: No time is better for a father than bath time. Getting to spend those precious moments with your child and you want to have them comfortable. We love the Puj because it light weight foam and can lay flat for easy storage. It’s also great because it’s made to be able to fit in any sized sink making it so it’s a one size fits all kind of deal.
- Bath Products | Tubby Todd: Honestly, I don’t know where I would be if it weren’t for Tubby Todd and their amazing bath products. I love the scents, the fact that it has such a great lather and it is all natural products. Being a new parent you may want to dive into getting the entire Tubby Todd gift set, but starting with the lotion and shampoo/body wash is just as good. I promise you, you will get hooked once you try it.
- Monitor | Owlet Vitals Monitor: When my son was born I was nuts. Always checking on his breathing and if he had a pulse. It was completely ridiculous now that I look back, but that’s what happens as a new parent. Thankfully, Owlet has create a solution. These are a monitor that goes on your child’s foot checking their oxygen levels and heartbeat letting you know if everything is alright. It’s seriously an easy solution to stay calm and stress free especially when you’re stressing about so much as this stage.
- Swaddles | Little Unicorn: The muslin swaddle is completely genius. It’s easy to swaddle your baby up tight so they feel like they are back in the womb. Then the fabric is breathable so the baby sleeps soundly and comfortably. Not only that, but Little Unicorn does them in the cutest patterns.
- Onesie | Kickee Pants: When it comes to super soft and comfortable baby clothes Kickee Pants takes the cake. I love these button up footie onesies for bed time because they are soft with their bamboo cotton material. Once you pick these up the first thing you will say is, “I wish they made these in my size!”
- Receiving Blanket | Saranoni: You can’t have a baby and not have a blanket to receive them in. Who doesn’t love a cozy blanket to just snuggle up in? Then you add a newborn and you want it to be even cozier. Well, Saranoni has just the blankets for you. These receiving blankets are the perfect size for keeping your little one warm. And trust me, they will have this be their blankie where ever they go. It’s so comfortable they won’t want to leave home without it.
- Baby Carrier | Ergobaby 360: When you have a baby and could have the option of having both hands free wouldn’t you want that? Trust me, you will want a good carrier. The Ergobaby is fantastic, and their 360 design makes it so that they can face toward parent or away. This will be a carrier that will last for years. Both you and your child will be grateful you got one of these because they’re a lifesaver.
- Bottle Drying Rack | Boon Lawn: When you think of a drying rack you probably think of boring old plastic rack on your grandma’s counter. Well, things have changed and I absolutely love it. Boon created a drying rack that looks like lawn where you put your wet, clean bottles on the rack of grass for drying. They are unique, serve a purpose and keep your counter from looking dated.
- Nose Cleaner | NoseFrida: Last, but not least, the NoseFrida will gross you out. I promise you that once you try it you will love it forever. Remember the bulb that our parents used to clean out our snot? Well, where does the snot go? In the bulb. When did it get cleaned out? Never! Sick, right? Well, the NoseFrida is a less evasive way of cleaning out the child’s nose by placing the plastic syringe type edge to their nostril, then suck out the snot though a tube that is attached. NOW, I know, you are thinking that you are going to get snot in your mouth. You won’t because A: there is a filter, and B: once you see the area the snot goes you know that you will never fill that up. Try it out and know that this is the best way for cleaning out those snotty noses your kid will have….a lot!
Does this help you? I sure hope so. Now, I know I didn’t put furniture and that’s because we all have our own tastes and styles. Thankfully you will have plenty of help with the Baby Cubby employees if you have any questions with any furniture they sell. And know, that any order over $50 has FREE SHIPPING!!! What are you waiting for? Get hat registry started today with Baby Cubby and congratulations on preparing for the new addition to enter your family.