I can’t help but want nothing but game day food around this house because we are loving football season. From watching the local high school games, college games and heading to friends homes to watch our favorite teams playing on tv. Do your friends ever ask that you bring something over for game day? Well, these game day nachos are simple and will be gone in minutes of being set down at the party.
We love to head over to friends homes for watching football games. Whenever the University of Utah is playing out of town we like to watch their games being surrounded by all our other friends that are fans. Sometimes it’s just hard to find that perfect side dish to take to the game day parties.
What’s great about nachos is they are super kid friendly. Kids can grab a chunk of chips and just go to town. Everything is all piled up on there for them already. Maybe they won’t be able to handle the spice from the jalapeños, but you can just pull those off and let them enjoy the game with you eating proper football food.
Even if football isn’t your thing, these amazing game day nachos are perfect for any time you just feel like whipping up some delicious chips.
- 6-8 large handfuls of corn tortilla chips
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 oz) can of chili (your favorite brand works)
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In an oven safe pan or baking sheet lay half of the chips, then top with half the can of chili, ½ of the cheddar cheese, and ½ of the pepper jack cheese. Repeat the layering; chips, chili, cheese, jalapeños.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Quickly top with the black olives, jalapeños, diced tomato, sour cream, and green onions. Serve hot with a side of salsa. Enjoy!